Several institutions from more than ten European countries are part of our European Alpha1-Liver Study Group.
The following persons and institutions constitute the board of our initiative:
- Coordination: Christian Trautwein, Karim Hamesch and Pavel Strnad (Aachen, Germany)
- Michael Trauner and Mattias Mandorfer (Vienna, Austria)
- Aleksander Krag and Linda S. Moeller (Odense, Denmark)
- Frederik Nevens (Leuven, Belgium)
- Bart van Hoeck (Leiden, Netherlands)
- Joan Genescà und Mònica Pons (Barcelona, Spain)
- Bill Griffith (Cambridge, Great Britain)
- Jan Sperl und Sona Frankova (Prag, Czech Republic)
- Hanns-Ullrich Marschall (Göteburg, Sweden)
- Sabina Janciauskiene (Hannover, Germany)
Moreover. a European registry for AATD-related liver disease in children is in development. Colleagues from Lyon, France, are leading this pediatric initiative (PI: Alain Lachaux).