Main scientific interest: Structure and function of ligand-gated ion channels
A channel' s a hole With a physiological role A peptide chain In a lipid domain With its helical coil Twisted through oil And its aqueous pore An open pore A path for glow Where ions may go If not too large With a electrostatic charge Examined kinetically Determined frenetically With equipment deluxe Measuring currents and flux Just a spike on the screen In fluorescent green Does it really exist? Does the channel persist? Or is it invention To bemuse the convention?
Topics under study
- Identification of assembly domains of P2X receptors
- Intracellular trafficking of ligand-gated ion channels
- Identification of P2X selective antagonists
- Identification of proteins interacting with P2X7 receptors
- Regulation of ligand-gated ion channels by ubiquitination