The Institute for Experimental Molecular Imaging (ExMI) at the University Hospital Aachen and the Helmholtz Institute for Biomedical Engineering at RWTH Aachen University is headed by Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Fabian Kiessling.
ExMI focuses on the development of novel contrast agents, imaging techniques and therapeutic approaches to characterize and treat cancer, cardiovascular and inflammatory disorders.
ExMI currently consists of five research groups, working on
- biological mechanisms of angiogenesis and tumor progression,
- the synthesis of novel molecular imaging probes,
- nanomedicines and theranostics,
- physics of molecular imaging systems, and
- applications in medical informatics.
ExMI is part of a consortium that is recommended as Euro-BioImaging node for preclinical multimodal molecular imaging