In addition to the various diagnostic and therapeutic options offered by the Department of Nuclear Medicine, research is constantly being carried out to improve and develop the field of nuclear medicine.
The clinical research of the Department of Nuclear Medicine deals with:
- Circulation and metabolism of the CNS, neurotransmitter receptors and transporters (especially dopamine)
- Measurement technology and image overlay
- Molecular imaging using PET and PET-CT
- Radio-iodine therapy of benign and malignant thyroid diseases
- Selective Internal Radiotherapy (SIRT)
- peptide receptor radiotherapy (PRRT)
- 177Lutetium prostate specific membrane antigen radioligand therapy (177Lu-PSMA-RLT)
In preclinical research, the Department of Nuclear Medicine has the following main focuses:
- preclinical imaging
- radiolabeled nucleoside analogues in tumour therapy
- Application of nanogels in tumor therapy
- New therapy approaches in breast cancer
Requests for collaboration
If you would like to work with us on a project, please contact the research coordinator Dr. Fabian Hertel.