The Center for Robotics in Healthcare is the central one-stop-shop for enterprises, researchers or clinicians, who would like to engage in the field of healthcare robotics and are looking for support and partners to develop innovative ideas into products. Serving as the main entry gate to the regional Digital Innovation Hub, the CRH connects interested parties with the right institutions within the extensive and deeply rooted technological network in Aachen and the EUREGIO region.
Some examples, which can be realized by the Digital Innovation Hub represented through the CRH include:
- Identification of end-user’s (patients, healthcare personal) needs: the CRH maintains a collection of clinically motivated use cases. Furthermore, the CRH can setup and moderate discussions with end-users and provide access to the medical environment for observing daily routine procedures and processes to learn about their related problems and “pain-points”.
- Research: the CRH hooks you up with the right institute or clinic within RWTH Aachen University, University Hospital or other institutions within the hub to research and develop new robotic technologies.
- Prototyping and Fabrication: through various well-equipped workshops within the hub, the CRH helps to bring ideas to life.
- Facilities: the CRH can arrange for facilities such as specialized equipment or labs. At RWTH Aachen, companies are offered to perform their development and research activities right on the campus, state-of-the-art office and lab spaces are available for lease.
- Testing and Certification: partners within the hub can offer realistic clinical simulation facilities or animal and first-in-man studies. Besides, help with certification, ethical and legal aspects is available.
- Finance: Information on funding possibilities. Help on building consortia for funded projects and writing applications.
For small and medium enterprises, most services of the CRH are free of charge.
If you are interested to learn more, you are welcome to contact us at roboticsukaachende!