We offer interested students the opportunity of a PJ elective at our institute. During the 16 weeks, PJ students have the opportunity to gain an in-depth insight into human genetics and genomic medicine, and in particular into patient care in clinical genomics.
- Carrying out a clinical genetic examination and preparing individual human genetic reports.
- Conducting counseling sessions and participating in consultations with inpatients
- Literature and database research for genetic questions / clinical pictures
- Introduction to scientific work and preparation of publications/specialist articles
- Participation in molecular and cytogenetic diagnostics in our laboratory
- Introduction to the evaluation of NGS panels and exome analyses, the interpretation of sequence variants and the preparation of molecular genetic findings
Allocation of places
PJ places are allocated centrally via the PJ portal. We can currently allocate one place per tertial in the spring and fall rotations.
Special PJ training (open to all PJ students):
Fridays 13:30 to 14:30
Participation in other courses of the institute by arrangement.
Dr. med. Cordula Knopp, Oberärztin
cknoppukaachende (PJ Organisation und Lehre im PJ)
Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Miriam Elbracht, Leitung Klinische Genomik, Leitende Oberärztin