The Faculty of Medicine has established several instruments to effectively support female scientists as well as male scientists with young children.
- Increased visibility of female scientists – Our CRU realizes that female role models are important to encourage and inspire its female students and especially its female postdoctoral fellows
- Career incentives for female researchers – Remuneration for participation in soft-skill courses, management training, coaching sessions, continuing education or additional conferences. These services are offered exclusively to female scientists by the Integration Team Human Resources, Gender and Diversity Management (IGaD), a Rectorate Staff Unit of RWTH Aachen University.
- TANDEMmed – helpful mentoring programs for our consortium to implement more female scientists. Gradually structured program with multiple options for female medical students after the basic medical exam.
- TANDEMplusMED – supporting medical and academic staff members with doctorates, who are on the path to professorship
- Habilitation scholarships for female physicians and female non-clinical scientists
To support equal opportunities and gender equality, there are funds for the following measures:
- Childcare in emergency cases will be offered as a back-up facility to organize work
- Workshops for women on scientific and soft skills, female scientist networking and/or leadership, offered on a regular basis.
- Student assistant support for young families
- Flex time, home office, and family-friendly meeting times